Check out these popular conversations from my community

Powered by BlogFrog

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Middle Ages Crucifix

http://www.crescentcityauctiongallery.com/5.12.12BIG.asp?item=729
When Cartier met with the Natives of Hochelaga, he was so moved by their hunger for healing, he shared Christ with them. He knew this because they brought all their sick to him for him to lay hands on them. How did they know to do this? I wish I knew.

He took off the crucifix around his neck and gave it to the first native he met on the trail to the village. Why did he do that? I wish I knew that, too, because that wasn't something one did as a practice. Perhaps the native showed a keen interest in it. Cartier wanted to spread the gospel--was this one way he chose to do so?

What did the crucifix look like? I wonder. Maybe it was similar to some of those pictured above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!